Tuesday, November 30, 2010

a rich, full day

so here it is. thirty days, thirty posts. (i am so counting the double post the other day to get me over the hump. i wrote it; it's valid.) and what a day to finish, too.

i write you today basking in the glow of my first successful court case as a practicing attorney. who cares that it was only getting my client out of traffic tickets? i WON. and it was a beautiful, amazing feeling to call up the client and say, "congratulations! you won!" that made him so happy, and it was something i could help him get. that's what being a lawyer should be. (i write this as i sit in my private wealth planning seminar, where we're talking about how to legally shelter millions of dollars in the uber-rich's cash and property from as much tax as possible. yeah, there's a lot that's not so nice about the law.)

the peak-and-valley cycle has hit a peak. i'm so happy. i'm tired as hell, because i had to wake up at the crack of dawn to drive to the pastoral wonderland in which my client got his ticket, but i'm so freaking pleased. i know i've made the right choice in my career. things will be... okay. it'll take awhile, but it'll be okay. let's do some blessing-counting (yeah, yeah, an atheist counting blessings - it's weird).

1) i'm alive, in basically decent health.
2) i can feed myself (with some financial help - not great, but okay).
3) i have an amazing family that rallies around me and admires me.
4) my boyfriend is... well, he defies categorization, really. he's perfect for me.
5) my friends, far and wide, real-life and digital, ROCK.
6) i have a good career plan, with possibilities to get great soon.

see? it's all... if not good, then heading there soon. days like this encourage me, give me faith, and keep me going. not to mention the fact that i am going to sleep the sleep of the just when i get home tonight. it's a damn good day, full of damn good things. sometimes, it's just that simple.
-------------------------------------
woo-hoo, and this is post #200 to boot! fun. thanks again for hanging out with me in my little corner of the internet. i love my readers dearly; y'all are FABULOUS. :)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations again. What an awesome day! I'm so excited for you.

    Hooray for damn good days. We need more of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such a fun and exciting post! Congratulations on NaBloPoMo! I'm so impressed. And UBER congratulations on your court case!!!!! That's freaking awesome, lady!! What a thrill, what an experience.

    And whew---think of all the thrills and experiences still ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed at people who can blog every day (and do it well). Good job! Also, good job on 200! And good job on the court case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Happy 200th post!
    2. Congrats on the court win. A win is a win...and it feels great, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats all around, hon!! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on winning your case!!!! And for all the other goodness in your life. Well, that's just a solid list all around. Congrats on #200 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win! One of many, I'm sure. And well done with the blog.

    ReplyDelete

your turn.