Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the en-sleek-ening: summing up [TRUE STORY]

well, thus ends the 30-day yoga boot camp. here are the stats:

classes purchased: 30
classes taken: 27 (missed one for a 101-degree fever, one for the end of law school, and today for the sunburn from hell)
pounds lost: 8-10, depending on the day. it's vacillated.

that's pretty much all i can give you for hard data. but man, oh man, do i feel so much better! i am supremely happy, i'm definitely toned up (especially in my arms), i can do a ten-breath shoulder stand without wobbling, and i'm a lot more flexible than i was at the start. i can put both my heels down when i'm in down dog, i can almost touch my chest to my legs in forward fold, and i feel like my old dancer-girl self again. this is one of the best things i've done for myself in a long, long time. i won't stick to the same strict regime i've followed this month, most likely, especially not with all the craziness to come in may, but i will keep taking classes, and i will work at least some sun salutations into my day as often as possible.

yoga. it works, bitches. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just dropped a substantial chunk of change on a new road bike a week ago. Since then I've been out three times (just last night with my brother who did the same thing) and I'm already feeling better. Isn't it amazing how spending money (your classes, my bike) "encourage" you to get off your ass? Personally I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer and the possibility of dropping a few (30) pounds.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you totally stuck with it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

your turn.